Buying online can be a daunting task. Ensuring you have ordered the correct size; confidence that the item you are buying will look like it does on the website; factoring in manufacturing and delivery times: all these things make online shopping intimidating. This is magnified tenfold when you are buying a sentimental, valuable item such as a wedding ring.
Our first priority to our customers is to provide a stress free shopping experience. We believe that you can get the best features of a jewellery boutique at home, without any of the negatives like sales pressure and high prices. With our wedding ring Sample Service, the guesswork is removed from your online shopping experience. Trying samples first means that you can be 100% sure the ring you have ordered will fit and be made to your specific requirements.
What is the Sample Service?
Our sample service allows you to:
- Get the perfect fit first time by trying on a range of sizes and shapes.
- Take a close look at the design. Our sample service will give you the chance to inspect the detailing, style, setting of the stones and how the diamonds will be shaped.
- Try on rings at different times of the day. We know our fingers sometimes swell in heat or the evening, which means finding your size can be tricky. Choosing the sample service gives you the opportunity that jewellery shops do not, to try on your ring several times before committing. You can then ensure your finger fluctuations won’t get in the way of you wearing your perfect ring.
- We offer a 30 day price freeze to our sample service customers. This means that if the price of your ring increases between when you order the samples and when you place your actual order, you will receive the ring at the original price displayed.
- Every WRD sample customer can enjoy a discount on their order. The discount value varies, but is always 5% or higher. This alleviates the small cost of the sample service, and acts as a thank you from us for taking the time to choose your rings carefully.
What Are the Samples?
Our sample rings are sterling silver replicas of our wedding ring and engagement ring range. We have 1000s of samples covering almost every depth, profile and size.
Most rings displayed on our website do have corresponding samples. Look out for wedding rings with the PWR code, engagement rings displaying ENG and shaped rings with code SHW. These codes mean this ring is available from the sample service.
How Do I Order the Sample Rings?
Ordering your sample service rings couldn’t be easier. Once you have browsed our site and settled on a ring you like, create your ring by completing the section on ring size, profile, metal, finish. Once you are happy with this you can order your sample! Underneath the ring configurator you will see a box displaying “order sample” to the bottom right of the page.
This will take you through to the Samples Page where you can add the ring to your basket. You can choose up to 10 rings at a time. Samples are priced between £3-£12 depending on the design. This administration fee covers delivery to your door and a pre-paid returns envelope.
What if the Ring I Want Isn’t Displaying the 'Order a Sample' Icon?
Some of our decorative rings or rings in tungsten, titanium, and zirconium do not have exact match samples available. If the ring you like isn’t displaying the 'order a sample' icon, you can still order a sample to try at home. Firstly, take a note of the depth, width and profile of the ring. Then head to our plain rings section. From here you can order a sample in those specifications. This will still be a great indicator of whether or not your preferred ring will fit you correctly.
How Long do the Rings Take to Arrive?
Samples are usually picked, packed, and posted the first working day after the order is placed. Occasionally our team is busier than normal, but we always expect orders to be dispatched within five working days. Samples are sent out via Royal Mail 2nd Class post.
During busy periods, it can take up to two weeks to receive your samples. Keep an eye on your emails for updates regarding our stock levels, or instances such as Royal Mail industrial action which may impact delivery times. We work hard to ensure your samples are delivered to you as quickly as possible.
How Long Can I Keep My Samples?
All samples must be returned to us within one week. To return your samples, all you need to do is package them back up in the pre-paid envelope and pop them in the post box. Customers may add proof of postage if they would prefer, but please be aware that we will not cover this cost.
We understand buying a ring online can be daunting and it is as important to us as it is you that you get it right. If you feel that you need more time with your samples, please get in touch. We want you to feel comfortable buying from us and to be sure the ring you choose is right for you.
The Sample Service is in place to ensure you are happy with the choice, size and style of ring you are purchasing. We know how important it is to get it right; after all you will be wearing the ring for the rest of your life.
We make all of our rings to meet your specification, so you can be sure what you see is what you get. Click here for more information on our sample service.